Kid Viking Helmet
- 1 rounder or slightly oblong seeded or seedless watermelon
- Kitchen Knife & paring knife
- Cutting board
- Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry.
- On a cutting board, place the watermelon on its side and cut it in half from side to side.
- Hollow out both halves of the watermelon with a spoon or scoop, reserving the watermelon pieces to dice up for serving.
- Apply fruit rollup strips to the best looking watermelon half & secure with toothpicks to appear like sections of the helmet. Trim a small piece off each banana & secure with toothpicks on each side of the helmet. Decorate the fruit roll up strips with blueberries attached with toothpicks if desired for added details.
- Use dry erase marker on scraps of rind from the other half of the watermelon to make a point for the top of the helmet or to form horns if not using bananas.
- Use the other half of watermelon as a bowl and fill with watermelon cubes or fruit salad & serve.