Outrigger Canoe for Luau
- 1 long seeded watermelon
- Chef's knife
- Paring knife
- Wooden spoon for serving/canoe paddle
- Dry erase marker
- Pineapple chunks and coconut for salad filling
- Wash and cut ¼" off of the bottom of the watermelon with your chef's knife.
- Use a dry erase marker draw the boat edge along the watermelon, using about 1/3 of the melon.
- With a paring knife, trim and cut away along your pattern.
- Scoop out the flesh with a large spoon and set aside to dice for fruit salad.
- Using the top of the watermelon that was removed, cut pieces for the float and the bars.
- Place float next to the boat (as seen in the picture) and connect with the bars.
- Fill with fruit salad of watermelon chunks, pineapple chunks and coconut.