- Large oval or oblong shaped seedless watermelon
- Champagne grapes or raisins
- Dry erase maker
- Large kitchen & paring knife
- Straight pins and or toothpicks
- Cookie cutters and Dinosaur decorations
- Wash the watermelon and other fruit with cool running water and pat dry.
- Cut a very thick 2-3 inch slice lengthwise from the watermelon center of the watermelon using the large kitchen knife and slice off a long section of the rind along the bottom to form a straight base so the slice can stand up.
- Stand the slice up to create the body of the dinosaur on the serving platter.
- From the reserved watermelon rind use a dry erase marker to draw the desired shapes for a head and tail and use the pairing knife to carefully cut the shapes out.
- Attach the head and tail to the ends of the watermelon using toothpicks.
- Take strawberries and attach them stem down, with toothpicks, to the top of the watermelon wedge to create the dinosaur spikes.
- Cut half moon slices of oranges and attach them using toothpicks to the base of the wedge, to create the feet.
- Attach raisins or champagne grapes to the oranges to resemble claws of the dinosaur and eyes.
- Garnish with cut fruit and or use cookie cutters to cut dinosaur shapes from watermelon slices.