Tiki Mask Table Decoration
- 1 oblong seedless watermelon
- Pencil or green dry erase marker
- Melon baller
- Paring and kitchen knives
- Channel knife
- Using an oblong watermelon, slice ¼ inch off an end to provide a stable base.
- Use a pencil to draw the face, making adjustments in scale to your particular watermelon.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out nostrils - use a small paring knife to clean up edges.
- Next use a paring knife to cut out the inside mouth area, leaving room for the teeth.
- Next cut the individual teeth, using the same small paring knife, and use a spoon to dig out a large area of flesh for mouth cavity.
- Next carve out eyes, digging a deep cavity in each, for drama. Use a channel knife to carve details.
- Use some carved out pieces to cut a "bone" decoration for top of head, and attach with a toothpick.