- 1 round watermelon
- Large slicing knife
- Apple corer
- Assorted cookie cutter shapes
- Flower stems
- Using a round watermelon, slice ¼ inch off the stem end to provide a stable base.
- Determine the desired height of your vase and, using a pencil, draw a line all the way around the watermelon.
- Cut off top with a large slicing knife.
- Next, use an apple corer to make scalloped edge cuts around the top rim.
- Use trimmings from the top piece to cut thin slices of white rind about 1/4" thick. Use these slices to cut out shapes with cookie cutters to decorate the vase. Attach decorative shapes with small pieces of sturdy toothpicks.
- Insert flower stems directly into watermelon flesh to arrange.