- Very Round Seedless Watermelon
- Dry Erase Marker
- Large Kitchen Knife & Paring Knife
- Channel Knife
- Large Bowl & Scoop
- Square Cutter
- Chayote Squash
- Black Olives
- Cotton Candy
- Yoda Soda or Watermelon Juice
- Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry. Using the large kitchen knife slice off about 1/2” from the bottom of the watermelon to create a sturdy base. From the stem cut straight down about 2 inches and then cut straight across to remove a wedge from the back of the Watermelon so you have a Yoda face on the front and a punch bowl in the back. Reserve to scrap rind to cut ears from.
- Scoop out the Watermelon and reserve to make a fruit salad.
- Use the dry erase marker to draw eyes, face wrinkles, and lines. Use the paring knife and channel knife to cut away the rind and add character to the carving. Use the paring knife to shape two ears and cut away rind to give dimension to the ears. Attach the ears using toothpicks.
- Cut the bottom of the Chayote squash and attach as Yoda’s lips with toothpicks. Use the remainder of the chayote squash to form a nose and attach using toothpicks. Attach black olives with pins for the eyes. Secure cotton candy around the back of the punch bowl for hair and fill with punch or soda to serve
- Cut planks or watermelon into squares using a square cutter or a knife and attach to a marshmallow to form star fighters.