Grilled Cheese Arugula Panini
You need at least 8 colorful fruits and vegetables every day. What an easy way to meet one of those servings by adding them to a sandwich!
- 4 slices watermelon, approximately 4”X4"X ½" thick
- 8 slices 100% whole grain bread, preferably chewy in texture (Dave’s Killer Bread is great!)
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 6 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided into 4 equal portions
- 1 bottle cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
1. Place watermelon pieces between paper towels to absorb extra fluid. Set aside.
2. On each of four slices of bread, spread mustard and top with 1 1 /2 ounces cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
3. On a griddle or Forman grill, spray cooking spray and grill the 4 sandwiches on each side until cheese begins to melt. Remove from griddle/grill, open and place a slice of watermelon and arugula. Close sandwich and cut in half. Serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 panini
Calories per serving: 424
Fat per serving: 17g
Saturated fat per serving: 10g
Fiber per serving: 6.4g