Shrimp Watermelon Sate
Shrimp and watermelon always go well together, and these Asian flavors bring out the best in both.
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (or to taste)
- dash hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 16 jumbo shrimp, cleaned, poached and chilled
- 16 2 inch cubes seedless watermelon
- 1 serving fresh basil leaves or baby romaine leaves for garnish
Slowly blend the seasoned rice vinegar into the peanut butter until completely blended. Stir in the garlic, ginger and soy sauce until mixed well. Season with hot pepper sauce to taste. Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing over the shrimp and toss to coat them well. Chill for 1 hour. To serve, alternate shrimp and watermelon cubes on 4 skewers and baste with the remaining dressing. Serve over fresh basil leaves or romaine leaves.
Makes 4 servings.