Watermelon Sandwich Wraps
It’s amazing what a group of friends around the lunch table can come up with. The only ingredient that’s a must is a spear of watermelon! Try watermelon in lieu of tomato on these sandwiches. You can play with different types of lunch meats, cheeses, spreads or sauces, and of course veggies galore!
- 1 watermelon spear, about 1/2-inch thick, 1-inch wide and as long as your tortilla!
- 1 wrap: Wheat, flour, spinach or sun dried tomato
- 2 to 4 teaspoons spreads: Chive cream cheese, hummus, guacamole, Greek yogurt
- 5 to 8 slices: turkey, ham, chicken breast, roast beef or pepperoni
- 2 to 4 teaspoons sauces (marinades and salad dressings): BBQ ranch, pesto, Thai peanut sauce, teriyaki, ginger
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (approximately 1 /2 cup)
- 2 to 4 slices cheese: Feta, pepper jack, mozzarella
- Veggies and Other Toppings: Watercress, olives, scallions, cilantro, romaine, jalapenos, fresh mint, basil, shredded carrots, spinach, sprouts and cucumber slices
Create your own combination or try one of ours! Start with a spread to help stick the other fillings together. Place your toppings the center of tortilla with the watermelon spear on top. Roll tortilla over watermelon spear., tucking in all ingredients. Fasten with a toothpick if needed.
English Tea Sandwich Wrap: Flour wrap, chive cream cheese, ham, watermelon, watercress
Greek Tortilla: Plain greek yogurt, feta cheese, watermelon, black olives
Latin Watermelon Wrap: Flour tortilla, ham, watermelon, cilantro, guacamole, scallions, pepper jack cheese, jalapeno
Southwest Chicken Wraps: Corn and four tortilla, guacamole, pepper jack cheese, spicy chicken, romaine lettuce, watermelon, bacon ranch dressing, salsa
Watermelon Caprese: Flour tortilla, pepperoni, watermelon, mozzarella, basil, pesto sauce
Thai Peanut Chicken: Roasted chicken, bibb lettuce, thai peanut sauce, carrots, watermelon, cilantro, golden wrap
Southwest Veggie Wrap: Cucumber, watermelon, cilantro, swiss cheese, bbq ranch dressing, spinach tortilla, guacamole
Mid Eastern Veggie Wrap: Hummus w/ pine nuts, mint, thin cucumber slices, watermelon, golden wrap
Ginger Chicken Wrap: Wheat wrap, teriyaki ginger sauce, chicken, sprouts, watermelon, sweet chili and ginger, bibb lettuce
Hawaiian Wrap: Spinach wrap, pineapple cream cheese, sweet chile with ginger, ham, watermelon, cilantro
Servings will vary.