What do watermelon and workouts have in common? They go great together!
Because watermelon offers hydration and replenishing nutrients, including citrulline and electrolytes, it’s perfect pre- and post-workout fuel!
But wait - there's more! Check out these Watermelon for Health Facts!
- At 92% water, watermelon is the ideal workout buddy for rehydrating, refueling and recovering.
- A 2-cup serving of watermelon is a source of potassium, which may help with water balance and avoiding muscle cramps.
- The antioxidants found in watermelon may aid in recovery after exercise, which is necessary for peak performance.
During our October Watermelon for Health campaign, we’ll post four short videos spotlighting the simple ways you can incorporate watermelon into your workout (or your everyday fuel!). And you and your workout buddy can win fabulous watermelon prizes!
1. Tag a workout buddy (or someone you’d like to inspire to be your workout buddy!) in the comments section of our weekly video post on Instagram and Facebook.
2. Win weekly watermelon prizes. We’ll choose one lucky workout pair each week from October 3rd through October 28th.
There’s no limit to the number of times you win – so keep tagging your workout buddy! (One buddy per comment, but no limit on the number of comments.)
On your mark, get set, go!
And hey -- show us how you include watermelon in your healthy lifestyle by tagging #WatermelonForHealth on Instagram and Twitter – then see what others are saying by heading over to our Buzz page!
Have fun getting healthy with watermelon! Official Contest Rules
No comments have been made for this post...