1 Round watermelon
Sharp pencil or thin marker
- Using a round watermelon, slice off a piece approximately 4 inches down on the stem end. Set cut piece aside to use later for mouth guard.
- Make a curved cut from one side of the melon to the other to cut out the face portion of the helmet. Hollow out the entire melon.
- Take the piece that was set aside in step #1 and place cut side down. Place knife at the center of stem end and cut in half.
- Take one half of cut piece and draw mouth guard grid with a sharp pencil or thin marker as shown in picture. Remove flesh and using a small knife, cut out grid design.
- To assemble, place mouth piece on a plate. Place the helmet piece on top, pushing the mouthpiece ends towards the inside of the helmet. You may need to carve a little out of the helmet ends to fit the mouth grid comfortably.
- Fill with fruit salad.