Chicken Curry Stacks
A perfect light entree.
- 4 pieces skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup low fat or soy mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry blend or to taste
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 16 slices of watermelon
- dash minced parsley for garnish
Place the chicken breast in a zipper lock bag along with the vegetable oil, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Seal the bag well and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Grill or broil the chicken until cooked. Keep warm.
Quickly stir together the mayonnaise, curry and pickle relish. Arrange the watermelon sticks attractively, 4 each on 4 plates.
Slice the chicken and arrange on top of the watermelon. Spoon the curry mayo over the chicken. Dust with a bit of the minced parsley.
Makes 4 servings.