Hearts of Palm Tower
This elegant, light, and healthy dish is gorgeous. You almost want to admire it versus eat it.
- 16 large melonballer scoops of watermelon (yellow or red)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped watermelon
- 1 can hearts of palm (14 oz.) (jar will work)
- 2 tablespoons herbed goat cheese (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion tails
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 4 slices whole wheat bread toasted (crusts removed)
- 1 1/2 cups assorted mixed greens
Make some watermelon balls with watermelon baller, and dispose of any seeds. Marinate melon balls in a bowl with orange juice and mint. Set aside at room temperature. Use leftover scraps of watermelon for dressing. Cut the four hearts of palm into 2-in pieces. You will end up with 16 2-in pieces of hearts of palm. Mix together cream cheese, watermelon, goat cheese, garlic,, scallion tails and basil. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread on top of toast. Place four pieces of hearts of palm in center of the plate. Top with bread. Place four watermelon balls on top of each toasted slice of bread. Top small amount of mixed greens and toss with Watermelon Salad Dressing.
Makes 2 servings.