Watermelon, Mango and Halloumi Salad Skewers
Halloumi is a salty, “squeaky” cheese that is typically pan-fried or grilled until golden and crisp on the outside. It adds a lovely depth of flavor to these sweet skewers!! If you can’t find halloumi, feel free to substitute feta but skip the cooking step.
- 1 cup watermelon balls or cubes
- 1 mango cut into cubes
- 6 ounces halloumi cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups bibb lettuce, cut into small chunks
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, pan fry the halloumi slices until golden brown on both sides. Once cool, cut into 1” squares. In a blender, pulse herbs, vinegar and olive oil to emulsify. Do not liquefy herbs. Assemble skewers alternating watermelon, mango, halloumi and include a chunk of lettuce. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Serves 4-6 as a side dish