Watermelon Bloody Mary
We went a little extra on this recipe – it’s the perfect balance of spicy and sweet Don’t let the fish sauce deter you – it gives this drink just the right kick!
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 jalapeno pepper medium, stem removed, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 6 ounces low sodium tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- hot sauce to taste
- 1/3 cup vodka
- Chili lime salt
- lime wedges
- jalapeno slices
- watermelon wedges
- cucumber slices
1. Combine the watermelon cubes, and jalapeño pepper in a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Pour the mixture through a nut milk bag or fine sieve set over a pitcher.
2. Add the lime juice, salt, pepper, fish sauce, horseradish and hot sauce to the pitcher and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add vodka and stir.
3. Line the rim of 4 glasses with lime juice from the lime wedges and dip in chili lime salt poured on a plate. Carefully put ice in each glass and pour the bloody mary into each glass.
4. Make your garnishes by putting the watermelon wedge, prosciutto, cucumber and jalapeño on four 6 inch bamboo skewers. Place the garnish in the glass and serve!
Makes 4 cocktails