Not only is this flatbread healthy for you, but it also has watermelon on it.
- 1 cup warm watermelon juice (105-115 degrees)
- 4 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup watermelon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Pour 1 cup warm watermelon juice into large bowl; sprinkle yeast over. Let stand until mixture is foamy, about 10 minutes. Mix in ¼ cup oil and salt. Combine both flours in medium bowl. Stir enough flour mixture into yeast mixture; once mixed, take out and knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic. About 10 minutes. Spray large bowl with nonstick spray; add dough and turn to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let it rise and shine for about 1 hour.
Combine all veggie ingredients in a bowl and mix. Punch dough down. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Wrap again; let it rise for about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out each dough piece on floured surface to about a 7-inch square or whatever shape you wish. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray. Transfer breads to sheets. Top each with ¼ of topping. Bake breads until cooked through and brown on bottom, about 12-15 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 6 servings.