Salads have long maintained ‘lunch-time’ staple status. Not only are they easy to make, they are an enjoyable way to boost your nutritional intake. Plus, all those tasty toppings are sure to guarantee delicious flavor with each bite. From hearty grains to fresh fruits, what’s not to love?
Unfortunately, we often go into autopilot when life gets busy. Which means we are back to boring, bland salads – we see you shredded lettuce and tomato. Break the cycle this salad season and upgrade your lunch with watermelon!
Check out these 5 salads you actually want to eat:
1. Power up: Pair tasty watermelon with other superfoods to punch up your salads. Serve bulgur wheat salad as a light main dish or as a hearty side.
2. Flavor central: It may be spring, but summer is right around the corner. Fire up the grill, throw on some watermelon, and enjoy the sweet, smoky taste of a grilled kale salad.
3. Fancy pants: Is your salad looking a little blah? Cut watermelon in seasonal-themed shapes or simple cubes for a panzanella salad that will steal the breakroom spotlight.
4. Keep it colorful: Give your Greek salad a tasty and colorful twist with fresh watermelon. Sweet watermelon pairs deliciously with full-bodied vinegar dressing.
5. Get going: From grocery shopping to running kids to soccer practice, you are always on the go. Maintain your ‘champion grab-and-go’ status by preparing your stacked jicama chicken salad in a jar.
Healthy in the bowl: Watermelon has long been perceived as sweet and tasty, but did you know it’s also incredibly healthy? With nutrients such as lycopene and vitamin C, watermelon is ideal for a healthier (and more delicious) salad!
What is your favorite spring time salad? Tell us in the comments below.
No comments have been made for this post...