Work. School. T-ball practice. Walk the dog. Laundry. Grocery shopping – the list goes on! With so much to do and so little time, quick and easy meals are a must! Besides, less time spent cooking means more time at the table with the family.
It’s not enough that weekday dinners require little time to make - they should be nutritious, too! Once a week, take time to plot out your Monday through Friday meals. Laying out a game plan will put more money in your pocket and less takeout calories on your waistline. Score! Of course, that starts with stocking the kitchen with healthy foods. Fortunately, watermelon makes meal planning easy while also adding a boost of nutrients and delicious flavor!
To help you get started, here is a list of quick, easy meals featuring juicy watermelon. Not only will these 30-minute meals reinvigorate your weekday rotation, they’ll have your taste buds asking for seconds:
1. Upgrade classic favorites: It doesn’t get much easier than risotto. So easy, in fact, there’s time to punch up the flavor with a variety of fruity ingredients – including watermelon!
2. Build your own: Save time with a build-your-own Greek pita bar at home! Line up pita bread, watermelon and your favorite toppings for a fun, unique meal everyone will enjoy. Save the leftovers for a tasty lunch the next day.
3. Wrap up your day right: How do you get your family to eat healthy? Sneak in extra veggies with lettuce wraps! The kiddos will love the delicious flavor, you will love how quickly you can get them on the dinner table.
4. Enjoy at home or on-the-go: It’s football season – that means your little athlete is coming home later in the evening. Layer rice, watermelon, jicama and top with cashews and shredded romaine to create a delicious stacked salad. Enjoy at home or prepare in a jar for an easy meal on the go!
5. Keep it fresh and simple: The key to a quick and easy recipe is the use of basic ingredients. A pomegranate salad mixes juicy watermelon, tart pomegranate, and fresh raspberries on a bed of leafy greens for an easy (and delicious) meal!
6. Delicious in less than 30 minutes: When in doubt, go with the simplest recipe! Our Waldorf salad requires only 5 ingredients and holds a unique twist (psst... it’s watermelon).
No comments have been made for this post...