Salsa, margaritas, tacos and more! What’s more fun (and tasty!) than a Cinco de Mayo celebration? This year, turn up the heat on your afternoon fiesta with bright and colorful watermelon-packed dishes, drinks and decorations.
Five tips to help take your fiesta from fun to fabulous:
- It’s 5 o’clock somewhere! Whether you’re breaking out the blender for a frozen margarita or keeping it cool on the rocks, watermelon adds a touch of sweetness to any festive beverage. Not in the mood for a margarita? Not a problem! You can mix up any number of watermelon concoctions, including this ice-cold watermelon mojito.
- You’ve got the chips, we’ve got the salsa. Are you ready to crank things up a notch? Combine diced watermelon and jalapeño peppers to create a salsa that packs plenty of heat. Or, keep things on the mild side and dip into a healthy watermelon and pineapple salsa.
- Nacho average appetizer. Put a twist on traditional nachos by layering in diced watermelon or an easy-to-make watermelon avocado salsa. Top it off with plenty of cheese, onions, peppers and beans. Round out your appetizer table with Shrimp Pico de Gallo and Firecracker Guacamole.
- Tacos, tacos and more tacos. No fiesta is complete without a DIY taco bar. Serve up the basics and let guests choose their own combos. From Jamaican Rock Lobster Tacos to fish tacos topped with watermelon and radish slaw or watermelon guacamole, the possibilities are endless.
- Make your décor sharp. Bring your party theme to life with a cactus carving. This sweet and spiky centerpiece doubles as a serving bowl that’s perfect for salsa, guacamole or even a simple fruit salad.
However you celebrate, make sure you invite watermelon to the fiesta!
No comments have been made for this post...