If you’re a fan of classic James Bond movies, you probably already know how he likes his drinks: shaken, not stirred. Fortunately, you can use watermelon to mix up a variety of beverages, cocktails, and mocktails to suit any fancy!
The first step to a delicious watermelon drink? Juicing. It’s easier than you may think. Simply cube two cups of watermelon, blend and strain for a delicious serving of watermelon juice.
Watermelon juice is a whole lot more than delicious – it’s nutritious, too! A two-cup serving of watermelon is fat-free, low calorie and contains essential nutrients such as lycopene and B vitamins. Plus, watermelon’s high-water content makes it a refreshing (and tasty) treat for those sizzling summer days. From blended to on-the-rocks, drinking your watermelon has never tasted so good:
- The basics: Perfectly delicious on its own, watermelon juice is a tasty treat for any time of day! For a thicker consistency, skip straining and shake the juice until blended.
- Classic thirst quencher: Nothing beats a tall, fresh glass of lemonade during the hottest month of summer. Jazz up this traditional drink with fresh watermelon and sweet agave syrup!
- Shaken not stirred: Sweeten up your day with a mocktail that is every bit delicious as it is gorgeous. Tip: make this drink James Bond-approved by adding a shot of chilled vodka to the shaker.
- For the adventurous: Upgrade your mojito by adding watermelon for a bit of adventure and delicious flavor. Plus, it makes it almost too pretty to drink – almost!
- Give it a twist: Add a sweet and colorful punch to a traditional paloma by adding watermelon. This delicious concoction is ideal for sippin’ on a lazy Sunday by the pool.
July 24 is National #DrinkWatermelonDay! Show us what you’re sipping on by tagging @WatermelonBoard and #DrinkWatermelonDay in your social posts – there might be something sweet in it for you if you do!
No comments have been made for this post...