I’ve talked about watermelon pizza before (that’s my creation above), but it’s officially a “thing” now. For those who don’t remember, watermelon pizza is essentially taking a half-inch to 1-inch thick, round slice of watermelon, topping it with all sorts of watermelon-friendly toppings (coconut and chopped nuts, drizzled with chocolate syrup) and then slicing it like a pizza.
Yep, that’s pretty much it.
So, why is this party-pleasing dish finally catching on? I’d like to claim that it was because of my blog entry about it, but we all know that’s probably not the case. Honestly, it’s probably because everyone finally realized the many benefits of a watermelon pizza versus a regular pizza. Here are just a few perks:
- Unlike most pizza, watermelon pizza is gluten free!
- You can feed up to three dozen people with one watermelon!!!
- Watermelon is 92 percent water. That means, unlike real pizza, you won’t get thirsty after eating three or four slices of this hydrating pie.
- You know how awesome watermelon is when it’s tossed with some olive oil and feta cheese? Now you can make a watermelon pizza with those same ingredients!
- Bring a watermelon pizza to a party, and you’ll instantly be cooler than the guy who brought his “famous” buffalo chicken dip.
And there you have it — five reasons why watermelon pizza is the coolest dish this year, and five reasons why you should give your oven a break and make one for yourself. Because it’s not delivery, it’s watermelon pizza!
No comments have been made for this post...