Halibut with Watermelon Tzatziki
The flavor and rich colors of this tzatziki go well with any mild seafood, including cod, tilapia, or even scallops.
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup watermelon rind without skin, diced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 4 oz. can diced chilies, strained
- 1/4 cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- dash salt (to taste)
- 4 fillets (6 ounces) thick halibut
- dash olive oil spray
- dash salt and pepper
1. Heat grill.
2. Place watermelon on two sheets of paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Set aside.
3. Sauce: Combine Greek yogurt with cucumber, watermelon rind, mint, cilantro, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, ginger and chilies. Salt to taste. Set aside.
4. Spray fish with olive oil spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until fish is flaky and no longer transparent throughout.
5. Top each serving of fish with 1/4 of the tzatziki, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup each of the watermelon.
Makes 4 servings.
Serving size: 1 serving
Calories per serving: 224
Fat per serving: 4.2g
Saturated fat per serving: 0.1g
Fiber per serving: 1g