- Very round Seedless Watermelon
- Green dry erase marker
- Channel knife
- Large kitchen knife & paring knife
- Large bowl and scoop
- Gold edible glitter
- Decorative props
- Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry.
Using the large kitchen knife slice off about 1/2” from the bottom of the Watermelon to create a sturdy base. Cut a 90 degree wedge from the back of the Watermelon so you have a panda face on the front and create a fruit bowl from the back of your carving.
- Scoop out the Watermelon and reserve to make a fruit salad.
- Use the dry erase marker to draw eyes, a nose and mouth. Use the channel knife to make a semi circle design in the eye area.
- Carefully use a peeler or paring knife to peel away the top layer of the green rind to expose the white underneath, leaving the green just around the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Attach the blueberries to the eyes with toothpicks and line around the eyes with Gold edible glitter to make them stand out more.
- Using the scraps make a small wedge of watermelon for your panda to much on and make two semi-circle green ears and attach with toothpicks to the top of his head.
- Fill your “fruit bowl” with fruit salad and decorate around the carving with oriental themed props like lucky bamboo.