Summer Watermelon Buddha Bowl
Stick to a traditional plant-based Buddha bowl and amp up the protein by adding tofu or legumes. Those that aren’t vegetarian can add a chicken or fish – both taste delicious with sweet watermelon and tangy tahini dressing. This dish is both sweet and savory and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 4 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- 2 cups cooked black rice
- 1 bottle citrusy tahini dressing
- For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk to combine. If the dressing seems thick, add a bit more orange juice or water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Arrange the Buddha bowls by placing the watermelon, cucumbers, cherries, avocados, and rice in four bowls. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately!
Makes 4 servings.