Grilled Watermelon and Kale Salad
The sweet and smoky grilled watermelon is a great balance to the nutrient-dense and bitter dinosaur kale.
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale
- 2 cups torn baby kale
- 1 watermelon small seedless, cut into 1 inch thick wedges
- bottle olive oil
- varied amount salt and pepper
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup silvered toasted almonds
- For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- varied amount salt and black pepper
- Preheat your grill to high. Brush the watermelon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill each side for 2-3 minutes or until you have nice grill marks. Transfer the watermelon to a large plate and set aside.
- Remove the stems from the kale and cut the kale into thin strips (julienne). Place in a large bowl and top with the crumbled goat cheese and the slivered almonds.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a liquid measuring cup until well combined. Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve the kale salad with a wedge or two of the watermelon.
Makes 1 Serving.