Gazpacho is a soup made of raw vegetables and served cold, usually with a tomato base, originating in the southern Spanish region of Andalusia.
- 5 cups Chopped Seedless Watermelon
- 1/2 cup Chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup Chopped green peppers
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup finely chopped seedless Watermelon, reserved for garnish
- 1/2 - 1 cup finely diced avocado, reserved (optional)
Puree the first 10 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Adjust the seasonings as needed. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Stir in the finely chopped watermelon and avocado at serving time.
Makes 4 servings.