Watermelon Oat Flour Waffles
This entry is part of the 2018 Use the Whole Watermelon Recipe Contest Winners. These Watermelon Oat Flour Waffles by Renata Stanko won an honorable mention in the 2018 Use the Whole Watermelon recipe contest. The fluffy waffles take on a pink hue from the watermelon juice and pair well with sweet powdered sugar, tart Greek yogurt and dish elevating mint. We also drizzled ours with a touch of honey at the end to satisfy our morning sweet craving.
- Preheat Belgian or regular waffle iron.
- Place oat flakes into a blender and process into flour.
- In a bowl mix together oat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in watermelon juice and oil.
- Whip egg whites into stiff peaks and fold into batter.
- Spray hot waffle iron with vegetable spray.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and bake 3-4 minutes or according to your waffle iron instructions.
Garnish baked waffles with yogurt, watermelon cubes, mint sprig and powdered sugar.
*Blend seedless watermelon in blender to make juice.
- Serving size
- Calories per serving
- Fat per serving
- Saturated fat per serving
- Cholesterol per serving
- Sodium per serving
- Carbohydrates per serving
- Fiber per serving
- Sugar per serving
- Protein per serving
Leave a Review