- Very Round Personal or Mini Watermelon
- Large Kitchen Knife & Paring Knife
- Melon Baller
- Large Bowl & Scoop
- Apple Corer
- Wire Cutters or strong scissors
- Small Assorted Cookie Cutters - if desired
- Thick Celery Stalks
- Assorted Fruit for Skewers
- Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry. Using the large kitchen knife cut the watermelon in half widthwise. Use the melon baller and scoop to hollow out both sides of the watermelon. These scraps can be used with cookie cutters to form shapes for the skewers.
- Using the large kitchen knife peel and slice the fruit to assemble the skewers. Cut squares or use cookie cutters to make decorative shapes. Assemble the fruit onto the skewers and grill if desired.
- Use the paring knife to cut 3 thick celery stalks into about 6-8” pieces. Use the apple corer to create 3 holes in the bottom of the grill base to attach 3 celery legs.
- Insert wooden skewers about 1/2”-3/4” apart to form the grill grates just under the cut side of the grill bottom. Before putting the final skewer in place fill the bottom of the grill base with watermelon balls and blackberries to give the appearance of charcoal grilling the fruit skewers. Once all the skewers are in place use the cutters or scissors to trim the excess skewer away.
- Attach a piece of the celery to the lid of the grill to form a handle. Place fruit skewers on the grill and serve.