Chunky Watermelon Lemonade
Super refreshing on a hot summer day, chunky watermelon lemonade is perfect for an outdoor barbecue or cookout.
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup raw sugar (or to taste)
- 2 cups seedless watermelon puree
- 1 fresh lemon, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups seedless watermelon flesh (optional for the "chunky" part)
In a half-gallon pitcher with lid, mix 1 cup of the water with the sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir in the rest of the water, watermelon puree, sliced lemon, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Stir to mix well and chill thoroughly.
For the chunky watermelon lemonade, stir in the 2 cups of chopped watermelon at the end.
Makes 2 to 3 servings.