Watermelon Crab Cups
Perfect for lunch or brunch.
- 8 watermelon cups (see below)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 eggs hard boiled, chopped or grated
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat, rinsed and picked over for shells
Make the watermelon cups by cutting 3 inch tall and 3-inch wide cylinders of seedless watermelon. Hollow out the cylinders to form 'cups' reserving the watermelon from the center for another use or to snack on while cooking. Once the cups are made, keep them on a paper towel until ready to fill and serve. The cups can be made ahead of time and covered on a tray and refrigerated until ready. Make the filling by mixing together the mayonnaise, relish, dill, celery, scallions and hard-boiled eggs. Fold in the crab. Fill the watermelon cups and enjoy.
Makes 6-8 servings.