8 Ball Punch Bowl
- Personal watermelons for the snack bowls, as many as needed.
- Plastic cup, to fit snacks inside the personal watermelon.
- 1 round medium-large seedless watermelon
- Kitchen & paring knives
- Cutting board
- Green dry-erase markers (preferably washable)
- Large bowl & spoon
- Channel knife
- Paper plate
- Saucers to fit under the punch bowl & snack bowls
- Black icing (optional)
- Watermelon punch recipe
- Wash the watermelons under cool running water and pat dry
- For the punch bowl, place the watermelon on its side and cut 1/4" - 1/2" off the stem end to provide a stable base.
- On the side of the watermelon, use the dry-erase marker to draw a circle using the paper plate as a guide. Next, draw a large number 8 inside of the circle leaving about 1/4" - 1/2" from the top and bottom of the 8. Using a channel kinfe, make the circles inside the top and the bottom of the number 8. you can choose to take away all of the rind inside the 8 or just make the circle with the channel knife.
- With a paring knife, carefully carve away the rind of the watermelon between the top and the bottom of the 8 and the outside circle.
- Cut the top off the watermelon to form your punchbowl and hollow out the watermelon with a spoon, reserving the watermelon to make watermelon punch.
- Line around the 8 and around the circle with the black icing, if desired.
- Place the punchbowl on a saucer. Fill the punchbowl with chilled punch and serve.
- Use a small plastic cup, which you will use to fill with snacks later, to make a circle with your dry-erase marker on the side of the personal watermelon. use the channel knife to cut away the circle and also to make your favorite pool ball number with. Add a stripe or make the ball a solid ball if desired.
- Cut off the top of the personal watermelon and hollow out so that the plastic cup will fit inside to hold the snacks. You can line with black icing if desired and then place on a saucer.
- Fill with snacks and serve.