- 1 Small Seedless Watermelon
- Decorative Watering can or vase of choice
- Floral foam block covered in plastic wrap
- Channel knife
- kitchen knife & paring knife
- Melon baller
- Flower shaped cookie cutters
- 15-20 skewers for flower stems
- Assorted fruits (cantaloupe, grapes, yellow watermelon, honey dew, pineapple)
- Fresh mint
- Take the foam covered in plastic wrap and place in the bottom of the watering can or vase of choice.
- Wash all the fruit under cool running water and pat dry.
- Peel the Seedless watermelon and other melons. Slice some into 1/2-3/4” sheets to use the cookie cutters to create the flower shapes. Use melon ballers, flower cookie cutters and pairing knife to create various shapes from the watermelon and other chosen fruits.
- To make leaves, take some of the rind from the watermelon and shape them accordingly with a pairing knife. Create the veins in the leaves with a channel knife.
- Attach the fruit shapes to the skewers and push them into the floral foam at the base of the vase or watering can.
- Alternate with different fruits and colors to create and colorful flower arrangement.
- Decorate the top of the vase or watering can with fresh mint to fill in and hide the base.