- Any shape watermelon
- Knife or decorating tool
- Almost any shape watermelon will work for this project.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom to provide a stable base.
- Draw the outlines for the Heart Basket as best you can to mirror what is shown in the image.
- Use a knife or decorating tool to cut out the edges. Be careful not to cut through the handle.
- When cutting is complete, carefully remove the top quarter sections. Trim the flesh from the inside of the handle.
- You can cut out hearts or other designs from the rind you removed to decorate the outside of the basket; attach with toothpicks.
- Fill with approx. 8-12 cups of fruit salad.