Bourbon lovers rejoice! Our spin on a classic mint julep is perfect for everything from derby days to picnics! Warm and sweet, the amount of club soda is up to preference.
- For the juice:
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup watermelon (to create 1/4 cup fresh watermelon juice)
- 2 tablespoons Club Soda
- 2 tablespoons Mint Simple Syrup Crushed Ice
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- For the syrup:
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Bunch Mint Leaves
1. Add the watermelon to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour through sieve to remove pulp.
2. Make the syrup by adding the sugar, mint, and water to a saucepan and heating at medium high heat. Stir constantly. When it starts to simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook for another 2 minutes. Allow to cool and remove the mint leaves.
3. Combine the bourbon, watermelon juice, and 2 Tablespoons mint syrup and shake.
4. Add some roughly crushed ice to your glasses, pour the cocktail over it, and top with club soda.
Makes 2 servings with leftover syrup