Much better than a mixer, the watermelon gives this traditionally Mexican cocktail a sweet and colorful punch. Add a watermelon wedge for a festive garnish at your next fiesta!
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup cubed watermelon
- 1 cup watermelon juice, frozen in ice cube tray (optional)
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- varied amount club soda
- varied amount kosher salt
- sprigs mint or basil for garnish
- two wedges watermelon for garnish
- Pour a generous amount of salt on a small plate. Line the rims of two glasses with lime juice and gently dip the rims into the salt. Combine the silver tequila, grapefruit juice, watermelon, and agave in a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler to mash the watermelon with the rest of the ingredients. Add ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Carefully add ice cubes of choice to the glass and, using a strainer, pour the tequila mixture over the ice. Top with club soda and garnish with mint or basil and a small watermelon wedge.
Makes 2 Cocktails.