This recipe is an incredible presentation and very easy to create. You can also make an elegant brunch tray of slightly smaller versions.
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat granola of choice
- 1/3 cup honey at room temperature
- 4-6 circles seedless watermelon (3" round and 3/4" thick)
- 4-6 slices peeled kiwi fruit (1/2" thick)
- 1 cup low or non-fat creamy lemon yogurt
- 2-3 purple grapes, halved, seeded, for garnish
Mix the granola with the honey by drizzling the honey evenly over the granola as you stir. On a serving plate, make 3-inch circles of granola in even thickness, dividing the granola/honey mixture evenly among the servings. Top each of the granola circles with a watermelon slice and place a slice of kiwi on each watermelon circle. Spoon the yogurt over the kiwi and watermelon as though it were hollandaise sauce on eggs benedict. Top each watermelon benedict with a grape half; skin side up as a garnish reminiscent of the olive slice on eggs benedict.
Makes 4-6 servings.