- Cut the outer green rind and most of the flesh from watermelon rind and cut into 1/4-inch cubes to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- In a saucepan, combine the cubes with enough water to cover and simmer until tender.
- Drain well and add remaining ingredients except pie crusts to rind. Mix well.
- Place one pie crust into pie shell. Pour in rind mixture and cover with second crust.
- Crimp edges and cut steam vents.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer until browned and filling is bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm or cold.