To make lime cups:
- Cut limes in half lengthwise; cut around pulp of each half with sharp knife, leaving peel intact.
- Scoop out pulp, using spoon to loosen pulp from peel and reserve 2 tablespoons lime juice for granita. Set lime cups aside.
To make Granita:
- Stir together sugar and water in small saucepan; heat to boiling. Cool slightly.
- Place watermelon in container of food processor; pulse to puree watermelon. Place colander over bowl; pour pureed watermelon into colander to strain out seeds, forcing watermelon through with back of spoon, if needed.
- Stir reserved lime juice and cooled sugar mixture into pureed watermelon.
- Pour into 13x9x2-inch pan; freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- To serve, scrape frozen watermelon mixture with spoon to make granita. Stir in currants for seeds. Mound granita in lime cups. Serve on bed of crushed ice.
- Serving size
- Calories per serving
- Carbohydrates per serving
- Fiber per serving
- Sugar per serving
- Protein per serving