- Very round seedless watermelon plus a small personal sized watermelon
- Large kitchen knife & paring knife
- Chopsticks or thin dowels
- Green dry erase marker
- Melon baller
- Channel knife
- Stick on gems or pearls to decorate
- Ribbon for the horse reigns
- 2 wooden chopsticks
- Cinderella, Prince Charming and horse figurines, additional decorations
- Straight pins
- Crown decoration, optional
- Tea light, optional
- Wash the watermelon and other fruit with cool running water and pat dry.
- On the larger watermelon use the large kitchen knife slice off about 1/2” from the yellow belly of the Watermelon to create a sturdy base.
- With the dry erase marker draw a door and windows for the carriage and use a paring knife to cut away these sections, carefully pulling the rind away to expose the watermelon flesh underneath. Cut the door piece in half decorate as desired.
- Use the melon baller to scoop out and hollow out the watermelon, reserving the melon balls to serve.
- Use the channel knife to make decorative lines or vines and leaves around the carriage.
- Use scraps from the rind to cut 2 small rectangles and attach them with toothpicks to create the seats for the Coachman and driver. Attach stick on gems or pearls to decorate as desired.
- From the personal size watermelon cut 4 round circles to use as wheels of the carriage, this will create a square with the remainder of the watermelon. Use the dry erase marker to draw spokes around the circles and use the paring knife to trim away the inside of the spokes.
- Attach each wheel at the center to the ends of the chopsticks to create the illusion that the carriage moves and decorate with decorative gems as desired. Place the wheels next to the carriage.
- From the reserved square of the personal sized watermelon make graduated sized steps up to the door of the carriage and place next to the door and arrange Cinderella and Prince Charming to appear that they are coming out of the carriage.
- Place the horses in front of the carriage and attach ribbon to them and then to the carriage.
- If desired, place the crown on top of the carriage and a tea light inside to light up the carriage and decorate around with Princess themed items. To serve, place the watermelon balls in cups or teacups.