Adult Viking Helmet
- 1 rounder or slightly oblong seeded or seedless watermelon
- Kitchen Knife & paring knife
- Cutting board
- Green dry erase marker
- Large bowl & spoon or scoop
- Channel knife
- Dowels or toothpicks
- Decorations (optional)- Edible Silver and/or Gold shimmer powder/disco dust (can be purchased at a cake decorating store or craft store with a cake decorating section), screws or bolts & lamp finial for spike, Viking decorations
- Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry.
- On a cutting board, place the watermelon on its side and cut it in half from side to side.
- Hollow out both halves of the watermelon with a spoon or scoop, reserving the watermelon pieces to dice up for serving.
- Use the channel knife to form sections & details to the best looking watermelon half. Use a paring knife to make slits in the rind of the watermelon to push the screws into or hot glue bolts onto the green rind of the watermelon.
- Use dry erase marker on scraps of rind from the other half of the watermelon to make a point for the top of the helmet if not using a finial or to form horns and attach with toothpicks.
- If desired. brush alternating sections of the helmet with edible gold and silver powder/disco dust.
- Use the other 1/2 of watermelon as a bowl and fill with watermelon cubes or fruit salad & serve.