- Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry.
- On a cutting board, place the watermelon on its side and cut it in half from side to side.
- Hollow out both halves of the watermelon with a spoon or scoop, reserving the watermelon pieces to dice up for serving.
- Use the channel knife to form sections & details to the best looking watermelon half. Use a paring knife to make slits in the rind of the watermelon to push the screws into or hot glue bolts onto the green rind of the watermelon.
- Use dry erase marker on scraps of rind from the other half of the watermelon to make a point for the top of the helmet if not using a finial or to form horns and attach with toothpicks.
- If desired. brush alternating sections of the helmet with edible gold and silver powder.
- Use the other ½ of watermelon as a bowl and fill with watermelon cubes or fruit salad and serve.