- 1 medium-to-large oval or oblong seedless
- Kitchen knife & paring knife
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Black licorice rope
- Straight pins
- Melon baller
- Watermelon white flesh for eyes
- Blueberries or other fruit as desired
- Assorted Spiderman figures for propping & decorating
- Wash the watermelon under cool running water and pat dry.
- On a cutting board, place the watermelon on its side and cut off about 1/2” from each end, this will provide a sturdy base. Reserve the cut top and bottom to create the eyes.
- Stand the watermelon upright on the base and peel all the way around the watermelon to leave just the red flesh.
- Place the peeled watermelon back on its side and cut a diagonal from about 2” from the base through the watermelon. This will create a base and Spidermans face. Sit the base upright and reserve the top piece for making watermelon balls to serve around the Spiderman carving.
- Carefully peel the reserved top and bottom disks, leaving just the white flesh and cut into larger teardrop shapes to create Spidermans eyes.
- Use straight pins to attach pieces of licorice rope to form the web of Spidermans mask.
- Outline the 2 eyes with licorice rope & attach with straight pins.