- 2 personal watermelons
- 1 small round watermelon
- Dry erase marker
- Channel knife
- Metallic muffin cups
- Pipe cleaners and ribbon
- Glue gun
- Edible shimmer powder/ disco dust to add a decorative accent (optional, can be purchased at a cake decorating or craft store)
- Wash the three watermelons under cool running water and pat dry.
- Make holes in the bottom of the metallic muffin cups and feed pipe cleaners through and shape them to resemble ornament hooks.
- Using the glue gun, glue the muffin cups upside down on the tops of each of the watermelons. Take ribbon and tie bows around the pipe cleaners if desired.
- Use the dry erase marker to draw decorative patterns on each watermelon.
- Take the channel knife and carve away the top part of the rind from the decorative patterns you drew in step 4.
- For added sparkle dust the edible disco dust/ shimmer powder over the carved out patterns.
- Arrange the watermelons on a platter and decorate with other festive accents.