Watermelon and Bulgur Wheat Salad
A light main or hearty side dish, watermelon adds a sweet complement to the chewy bulgur and peppery arugula. Bulgur makes a healthy and quick addition to any meal because it’s 100 percent whole wheat that’s specially prepared to decrease cooking time. It's a source of fiber, protein, iron and vitamin B-6. *Source: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5686/2
- 4 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups cooked bulgur wheat
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- varied amount of shaved pecorino romano cheese
- For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- dash salt and black pepper
1. Combine the watermelon, bulgur wheat, arugula, grape tomatoes, chopped mint in a large serving bowl.
2. Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a liquid measuring cup until well combined.
3. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Top with shaved pecorino and season to taste. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.