Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Pork Lettuce Wraps
Hours in the slow cooker render this watermelon-spiked sweet pork as succulent as it is juicy. The cucumber watermelon salad gives these wraps a nice crunch while the sesame seeds completes the dish with protein-packed texture.
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds country style pork ribs
- varied amount salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons gochujang or sriracha
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, cubed and pureed
- 2 heads bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- For the Cucumber Watermelon Salad
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, diced
- 2 mini cucumbers thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- varied amount salt to taste
- 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mint, thinly sliced
- Begin by seasoning the ribs with salt and pepper. Arrange the seasoned ribs in the bottom of a crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, gochujang (or sriracha), and watermelon puree. Whisk until smooth and pour over the ribs. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice vinegar for the salad in a small bowl. Add the cucumbers and watermelon. Toss to combine and season with salt as needed. Add the sesame seeds, basil and mint and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When the ribs are done cooking, use to forks to shred the meat. To assemble the lettuce wraps, take a leaf of bibb lettuce and fill it with the shredded pork. Top with the watermelon salad, and drizzle with additional gochujang or sriracha as desired.
*You can also use beef short ribs for this recipe.
Makes 4-6 Servings.