- Cut a thin slice from the bottom to provide a stable base.
- Draw the outlines for the carriage as best you can to mirror the image.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out the section to be used for the handle. Cut all the way through the rind.
- Use a decorating tool or knife to cut the fancy edges of the carriage.
- Remove the top section of rind.
- Hollow the carriage and attach the handle with toothpicks.
- Attach wheels made from grapefruit slices and hubcaps made from blueberries.
- Place second grapefruit as baby head on top of one large cube of watermelon to preferred height inside the carriage.
- Attach blueberry eyes with toothpicks.
- Cut cantaloupe and make nose and attach with toothpick. Cut remaining into cubes or use a melon baller for fruit salad.
- Cut a small slit in grapefruit and insert pacifier.
Fill the carriage with approx. four cups of fruit salad like watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew melon.