- Using an oblong shaped watermelon, cut a ¼ inch slice off the bottom to provide a stable base.
- Draw lines in a wave design with a sharp pencil or thin marker approximately one half of the way up and all the way around the watermelon.
- Scoop out the flesh with an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, and reserve for fruit salad.
- To create a water scene chill blue gelatin in a small plastic container to make a pool of “water” and place in the watermelon bowl. Fill in around the “water” with fruit salad cut into fun shapes and balls.
- Arrange new, small beach-themed toys and small plastic dolls toward the edge of the watermelon bowl to make the beach scene. Garnish the sides with drink umbrellas and plastic palm tree swizzle sticks, and add gummy fish to the top of the salad and gelatin to complete the scene.