- Wash and dry the watermelon.
- Cut off 1/3 of the watermelon at a diagonal angle.
Stand the remaining 2/3 upright on your work surface and use a dry erase marker to
draw the mouth line and eye sockets.
- Cut out the mouth. Trim back a ó” line of the green part of the rind for the teeth area.
- Use a large spoon to scoop out the watermelon flesh, leaving 3” intact at the base.
- Cut out the teeth, using a smaller utility knife.
Use melon baller to cut out the eye sockets that match the size of large marbles. Then
use a paring knife to trim the green area around the eyes. Insert marbles.
Use the carved out rind from the mouth to make the dorsal fin, shape as shown in the
picture. Attach the fin using toothpicks.
- Fill the mouth with triangle shapes of watermelon, accented with Swedish fish.