Fried Plantain Chips
Grilled Watermelon Ceviche
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch thick slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place on a hot grill for 30 seconds per side.
- Set aside to cool.
Fried Plantain Chips:
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Gently place each plantain slice, one at a time, in the hot oil.
- Fry until edges brown, no more than 30 seconds.
- Place chips on a paper towel-lined plate, sprinkle with salt and set aside to cool.
Grilled Watermelon Ceviche:
- Mix all ceviche ingredients.
- Gently fold in grilled watermelon until coated.
Pickled serrano peppers
- Citrus zest
- Arrange 1/2 cup Grilled Watermelon Ceviche on plate with 4 Fried Plantain Chips, as shown.
- Garnish with pickled serrano pepper, cilantro, key lime, beet powder and citrus zest.