Coconut Watermelon Muffins
Recipe created by Chrissy Carroll, MPH, RD, LDN, ACSM-cPT, author and blogger at snackinginsneakers.com. These muffins use both watermelon flesh and rind – a great way to use the whole watermelon!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-count muffin tin.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside for now.
- Add the watermelon and watermelon rind to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together the watermelon mixture, avocado oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in ½ cup of the shredded coconut. (The batter will be a little thick, this is normal for this recipe).
- Portion the batter into the greased muffin tin. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of shredded coconut.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 16-19 minutes, or until a toothpick pulls out clean. Let cool in the pan for five minutes, then remove muffins and allow to finish cooling on a metal rack. Enjoy!
- This makes a lightly sweetened muffin. If you prefer a sweeter muffin, increase the sugar to ½ cup. You can also substitute sweetened shredded coconut if desired.
Leave a Review